Provident Funds Services
A successful provident fund requires actuarial consulting to establish its framework and objectives, as well as serious investment managers to implement these objectives. At Elgin, we leverage on our experience in international portfolio management to offer investment services specifically tailored to Provident Funds:
- We work with you to find the right solutions to balance your fund’s investment objectives and risk profile
- We offer a full service of fund management encompassing a wide range of diversified assets
- We can work with your actuarial team to provide investment solutions
- We can manage a specific part or all of the fund according to actuarial specifications
- We work with reputable institutions that offer custody services
- We have a dedicated team of experienced investment professionals
- We believe in the paramount importance of strict risk management
- We strive to keep costs as low as possible
The key stages of our investment process for Provident Funds are:
- Establishing your objectives and risk profile
- Analysing your current portfolio (if it is already invested) to establish if it is according to your objectives and risk profile
- Developing/modifying an investment strategy and solutions to meet your objectives
- Implementing the strategy
- Keeping the portfolio under regular evaluation and review
Provident funds are managed by a specialist manager within pre-determined parameters set by the Elgin AMC Investment Committee. Funds are diversified into a wide range of asset classes including Fixed Income, Equities, Hedge Funds, Commodities, and Real Estate.
Each underlying asset has undergone the rigorous Elgin AMC due-diligence process to assess suitability, transparency, liquidity, performance vs. peers coupled with accounting and legal compliance prior to inclusion.
Our experienced Investment Committee oversees the investment management policies and monitors the investment performance. The committee has established important ground rules that express our investment philosophy and principles. These include:
- Strict due-diligence, risk-management and total impartiality will always be at the heart of the decision-making process when selecting assets on behalf of our clients.
- Clear communication of risk profiling that ensures clients fully understand that we are managing according to their tolerance for risk.
- Adherence to and understanding of the risk profile is paramount. We will never attempt to time markets or arbitrarily alter a clients’ profile without consultation no matter what our opinion on market direction may be.
up for our Newsletter
Important: Please read our Disclaimer